BassAwards Winners 2016
The judging is over for another year and the BassAwards, have announced their winners. This International Awards for Motion Graphics, Animation and Broadcast Design is now in it’s fourth year and is starting to attract some good judges and submissions.
Although there are some areas for improvement for these awards – it must be said that they have an incredibly wide range of countries who enter. Works were submitted from more than 35 countries, mostly from USA, UK, Spain, United Arab Emirates and Canada. It would be great to get some submissions from the African and Asian contents next year, guys!
Agency of the year went to Brazilian studio called “Le Cube”. They won gold in two categories, one silver and one bronze as well. The Gold winners are as follows:
BEST TV CHANNEL BRANDING- Le Cube with “MTV – POP KILL THE BORING”. Brazil (see above)
BEST TV PROGRAMME BRANDING- DON PORFIRIO with “MOTORHEADS”. Mexico
BEST TV IDENT- TAXFREE FILM for “Paramount Channel “A Different Story”. Italy
BEST TV TITLES- SIXFINGERS with “Race For The White House”. England – which has already been shown on dotmogo
BEST COMMERCIAL- LE CUBE with “Senna, In the heart of Brazil”. Brazil
BEST EXPLANATORY VIDEO- GIANT ANT with “Just Ask”. Canada
BEST SHOWREEL- DANIEL COUTINHO with “Daniel Countinho Reel 2015”. USA
It’s also worth checking out the winners of the Silver and Bronze as well – they are all available to watch on the BassAwards website.
Also, I just wanted to name check the amazing international jury who gave so much time to judging this competition (below). I spoke to Rafi Nizam from NBC Universal about his experience: “Well I have to say that the online judging platform was very easy and that now there are some of the bigger studios and channels in the mix, these awards feel very “legit”. On the whole the quality of the winners is very good, however I think it would be good for BassAwards to have some different categories that would made them more distinctive maybe some more craft categories like rotoscoping, editing, grading or compositing etc, After all covering motion graphics and animation is a very wide brief!”
– Silvia Morganti. Creative Director (Italy)
– Mike Moloney. Founder & Creative Director – Art&Graft (UK)
– Maribel Martínez. Director & Founder – Diecinueve36 (Mexico)
– Xavier Oon. Founder & Creative Director – Critica (Singapore)
– Martin Schurmann. Executive Director/Owner – Váscolo (Argentina)
– Pep Prior. Owner and Creative Director – Cómodo Screen (Spain)
– Javier Boo. OnAir Production Manager – The History Channel, Iberia (Spain)
– Ryan Riccio. Partner / Creative Director – Charlie Company (USA)
– Robert Grieves. Animation Director and MultiAward-Winner (UK)
– Rafi Nizam. Global Creative Director – NBCUniversal International (UK)
If you have any comments on the winners or other entries – let us know!
Leave a Comment