BassAwards 2016 Call For Entries
The BassAwards are back. As this is their fourth year – you can’t really say they are newcomers to the motion design awards scene anymore – and considering by their latest judging panel the stakes are getting higher…
For those of you who have not entered before the BassAwards are a truly International Motion Graphics, Animation and Broadcast Design awards body. Why not have a look at last year’s winners?
You can make an entry from now until 7th June 2016. If you get in there now you can get the early bird prices. There are 10 categories – TV Channel Branding, TV Program Branding, TV Ident, TV Titles, Film Titles, Commercial, Explanatory Video, Showreel and Experimental film. As always they also have a global category award ‘Best Agency of the Year’ for designers or agencies that register more than five entries and that obtain the best average rating in the awards.
This year the judges are:
– Silvia Morganti. Creative Director (Italy)
– Mike Moloney. Founder & Creative Director at Art&Graft (UK)
– Maribel Martínez. Director & Founder at Diecinueve36 (Mexico)
– Xavier Oon. Founder & Creative Director at Critica (Singapur)
– Martin Schurmann. Executive Creative Director/Owner at Váscolo (Argentina)
– Pep Prior. Owner and Creative Director at Cómodo Screen (Spain)
– Javier Boo. OnAir Production Manager at The History Channel, Iberia (Spain)
– Ryan Riccio. Partner / Creative Director at Charlie Company (USA)
– Robert Grieves. Animation Director and MultiAward-Winner (UK)
– Rafi Nizam. Global Creative Director at NBCUniversal International (UK)
After looking at the photo – it’s clear that women are much better at smiling than men! I’m happy to say that three of them are from the UK – no doubt we’ll be chatting to them as the competition gets into full swing. For more info, visit the Bassaward jury page. Come and get involved…
In case you’re wondering the promotional video (above) was made by Homeboy Estudio from Mexico with music & sound by Jeansy Áuz (Spain). HomeBoy Estudio was winner of Best Showreel and silver of “Best Explanatory Video” in BassAwards 2015.